For almost 100 years, Technicolor has repeatedly evolved to take advantage of technological and economic upheaval. We’re now a leading, global, technology-driven company – at the forefront of storytelling, connecting and entertaining the world.
In an ever-changing media world, Technicolor is a catalyst. It’s our job to help the world’s most creative companies bring amazing experiences to life. And we are the only truly global creative technology company that touches every part of the entertainment ecosystem, from content creation to consumption.
We create new and exciting ways to advance story-telling and to deliver, view and consume content every day. And by using our talent and technology to stay ahead of the needs of our partners and filmmakers, we aim to invent the future of digital media, create outstanding content and deliver unique consumer experiences for the home, theatres and on-the-move.
Technicolor at a glance
- We’re a multinational organization with more than 100 sites in 25 countries and 80 nationalities, working together in a team of 17,000 people
- Our team includes more than 3,700 digital artists, winning multiple awards every year
- We’re a global leader in gateway devices and set-top boxes, with 300 million devices shipped to date
- We have over 250 world-class researchers and 700 research engineers
- We’re one of the biggest independent manufacturers and distributors of DVDs and Blu-ray discs™ in the world – and one of the world’s largest film processors
- We never stop innovating – our current product development pipeline features technologies including HDI (High Dynamic Range), 3D Audio and Virtual Reality
Conjuring Up the Terrifying Sounds of Annabelle: Creation
Entertainment ServicesTechnicolor Sound re-teams with up-and-coming director David F. Sandberg to deliver more scares in The Conjuring Universe.
Technicolor Goes Nuts in 3D for The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature
With complete post services in one location, Technicolor Toronto enabled the filmmakers to maximize their time as they easily jumped between color suite and sound mix stage.
Powerful Holocaust VR Documentary to Showcase at Venice Film Festival
NewsTechnicolor’s MPC VR created a 16-minute room scale documentary experience, The Last Goodbye, to show how VR can be used to deliver powerful first-person testimony through immersive storytelling.
MPC Taps Into Cultural Zeitgeist For Hamilton Mixtape Video
News“Immigrants (We Get the Job Done)” expands on the multicultural message of the hit musical Hamilton.
In The Last Tycoon, Today’s HDR Illuminates Old Hollywood
NewsTechnicolor mixes deep-rooted artistry with the latest HDR technology to recreate in vivid detail the look and feel of an old Hollywood film.
Technicolor Checks Into Room 104 – Where No Story Looks the Same
NewsHBO’s new anthology series required 12 different looks to tell the 12 different stories of the colorful guests and characters who stay in Room 104.
Innovation runs through every part of the business. We revolutionised movies with color over 80 years ago, and we’ve been innovating ever since.Learn more
Why Work here?
Technicolor is a unique place to work – a place where art and technology meet. It’s a home for exceptional creative talent, brilliant technical intellects and visionary business minds.Learn more
Winner of the 2015 Oscar for Sound Mixing
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Limited Series, Movie or a Special
Houdini: Night 1
Outstanding Color Grading – Feature Film