Head of R&DBangalore Apply now
· Execute the vision & strategy as defined by the Global Head of R&D.
· Ensure effective allocation of software related talent and resources to deliver strategically important projects
· Drive transformational improvements in development and engineering practices, championing new ways of working and Agile adoption.
· Support the group wide ambition to become a lean agile organisation
· Ensure the development teams are enabled and empowered to effectively and efficiently deliver high quality working software in an agile way – supported by high levels of engagement and fun
· Be an active member of the MPC Extended Leadership Team to support strategic decision making, drive continuous improvements, promote collaborative thinking and role-model EQ behaviours
· Support the engineering career path at MPC along with capability building plans, learning journeys and ongoing coaching and mentoring
· Recruit, build and lead a large high performing team of engineers and managers.
· Act as expert trusted technical advisor, SME and consultant to the leadership team on key technology decisions
· Act as delegate and support for the Global Head of R&D, in key technology and engineering decisions and strategy formation
· Work with exec level stakeholders to ensure technical capabilities and strategy enable key business initiatives and act as trusted advisor and champion in the overall MPC ways of working transformation
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success. This is the responsibility of the Software team, where MPC seeks to appoint a Head of R&D, to lead and manage teams, based in Bangalore. Reporting to the Global Head of R&D, you will be responsible for creating and leading a world-class R&D function. A Technology leader and part of the extended leadership team driving change and improvements across R&D in Bangalore.
· Degree, or equivalent, in a computer science or related engineering subject.
· Extensive, demonstrable experience building complex systems using modern programming languages, agile practices and distributed or cloud-based architectures
· Experience in a senior leadership position with large team size
· Experience managing senior stakeholders, building buy-in through written and verbal communication
· Previous experience and demonstrable success working with, and being an effective part of, a global business.
· Must be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the agile software development cycle, (Agile/Scrum) and its rollout into an organisation
· Passionate about software engineering practices and sharing that knowledge with others though setting the example (role modelling), coaching and mentoring
· Demonstrate self-awareness, self-control and ability to lead and inspire others
· Experience with cloud technologies, engineering and implementation patterns and architecture
What type of person do you need to be?
· Someone with strong team management skills.
· You will be passionate about technology, well organised with strong attention to detail and you will be excited by change and able to embrace a fast-moving industry and business.
· Persistence and the willingness to find alternative solutions will be an asset.
· Plain hard work and effectiveness is necessary to deal with the ever-changing multitude of tasks.
· A feel for process and how to work with others to achieve improvements is essential.
· Someone who thrives on responsibility and taking initiative.
· Be a great communicator. We are looking for a person who is dynamic, articulate & confident to interact, engage and challenge