HR Generalist (Temporary)Burbank , CA Apply now
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging technologies. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.
The HR Site Generalist is directly responsible for supporting the overall administration and coordination of HR functional areas and related activities, programs and policies as they apply to employment law, safety, employee relations, recruitment, employee development and engagement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws;
- Represents and upholds HRCC HRM systems, standards and best practices;
- Collaborates with HR Business Partners to support business initiatives;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related objectives to help improve business performance;
- Possess in-depth knowledge of HR management and provides expertise, guidance and recommendations;
- Works closely with management to improve work relationships and build employee morale;
- Facilitates employee onboarding, new hire orientation and employee exit processes including employee international transfers;
- Supports Mobility Manager with U.S. Immigration and employee relocation activities;
- Attends meetings and conferences;
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality;
- Makes performance management and corrective action recommendations as appropriate;
- Collaborates with investigations and fact-finding activities;
- Supports talent acquisition processes and initiatives;
- Assists in the designation and monitoring of employee leaves;
- Oversees employee occupational injury compliance;
- Maintains and ensures U.S. employment authorization compliance;
- Supports timekeeping processes and conducts periodic wage and hour audits to ensure compliance;
- Maintains management guidelines and standards in employee status changes, reporting and record-keeping.
- Presents training sessions and recommends employee development needs;
- Assist organizational leaders with workforce planning and related activities;
- Assists with assigned special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Preferred Education and Experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of related human resources experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience partnering collaboratively across the HR and other organizational functions.
- Systems focus thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to liaise and report out across the organization at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- SHRM and PHIRA credential.
- This position may be responsible for managing an HR Coordinator position.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and smartphones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel is expected for this position
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.