Tax ManagerBurbank , California Apply now
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging technologies. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.
The Tax Manager is a critical part of the Technicolor USA Tax Department. Proactive and a self-starter, the Tax Manager’s primary responsibilities include assisting in organizing and driving the compliance and provision processes, preparing separate and consolidated US consolidated tax returns and state tax returns, preparing the income tax provision under IFRS, preparing R&D tax credit studies, preparing transfer pricing analyses and documentation, preparing internal controls documentation, and supporting the resolution of tax audits. The Tax Manager will also assist in the implementation of tax technology. This individual will perform all functions with an eye towards process improvement. The Tax Manager may also interface with and support the tax needs of personnel in other departments including finance, HR, and legal. The Tax Manager may also supervise people at times. The position reports to the Senior Tax Manager.
- Prepare/review federal and state income tax separate and consolidated returns, including CFCs. Ensure accurate and timely filing of returns and other filings. Plan for and develop tax return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Prepare/review tax provision in accordance with IFRS, including preparation and review of deferred tax rollforward.
- Prepare/review R&D tax credit.
- Prepare/review Transfer Pricing analyses and documentation.
- Prepare/review analysis and documentation of internal controls
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Provide timely and quality service to departments including Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Legal, Paris Tax and Consolidations Teams, and Finance Shared Service Center.
- Work effectively with outside auditors and tax consultants.
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices.
- Prepare/review responses to federal and state tax notices.
- Identify, research, and make recommendations to resolve potential tax issues.
- Stay abreast of new tax legislation and guidance.
- BS in Accounting required, Master’s in Business Taxation preferred
- CPA required
- Minimum of 8 years of combined Big 4 and/or industry experience required, with focus on compliance and provision preparation
- Significant experience with IFRS and preparing tax provision under IAS-12
- Significant experience with tax technology including CorpTax, OneSource, and BNA Fixed Assets required
- Significant experience with ERP systems such as SAP
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with tax research tools including Bloomberg BNA and CCH Intelliconnect
- Strong accounting, analytical, and tax technical skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.