Director, Strategic PlanningCamarillo , California Apply now
Work Location: Camarillo, CA (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Purpose of Job:
Director of Strategic Planning provides analytical and related support to senior management for key strategic initiatives and other executive management requirements
Principle Job Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support and execution of business development opportunities and other key strategic projects including; organic growth strategies and initiatives, business partnership / joint venture opportunities, major capital investments, operational efficiency projects and mergers and acquisitions.
- Lead business intelligence gathering and reporting efforts for the division, including primary and secondary industry market research and analysis, competitive assessments and benchmarking, and tracking of key customer behavior and trends.
- Create and maintain detailed financial models in support of key strategic and planning projects
- Develop and deliver comprehensive presentations for senior management in support of key strategic and planning projects
- Provide ad-hoc support for senior management across wide range of business activities / operations, including budgeting, parent company reporting requirements, operational analytics, sales and marketing support, etc.
- Directly supports SVP Strategy and Development, and works closely with Finance, Operations, Sales and other key leadership constituencies across the division
- MBA strongly preferred and/or a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or related field
- At least 5-7 years of progressive experience in business strategy, planning or similar roles, preferably in an investment banking, consulting or corporate strategy setting
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills with strong knowledge of the principles of business strategy, financial statement analysis, valuation and capital markets, and ROI / cash flow analysis.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to work across functional teams including Finance, Operations, Strategy, and Executive Leadership; must have a demonstrated history of gaining alignment with leaders and senior executives
- Strong visualization/storyboarding skills to present insights and recommendations in concise, and intuitive narratives.
- Proven track record with demonstrated strategic thinking, formulation and planning skills to deliver against team commitments and work objectives.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with desire / willingness to learn and make a meaningful contribution to the group
- High degree of proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience and Media and Entertainment and/or Supply Chain Services a plus
- Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
- Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
- Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
- Individual contributor; Director level position with direct reporting to Senior Vice-President, Business Development & Strategy and indirect reporting to members of Executive Leadership team.
- It is expected that the candidate filling this role would be a succession planning participant with opportunities for additional responsibilities and promotion.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and smartphones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please note this Job Profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.