Manager, International LogisticsCamarillo , California Apply now
Technicolor Global Logistics Overview:
Technicolor Global Logistics (TGL) provides value added supply chain solutions with proven expertise in solving complex, end-to-end transportation and logistics challenges. After decades of experience in optimizing the supply chains for major Hollywood studios and other content publishers, TGL now serves a variety of market segments including gaming, technology, electronics, and other consumer products and high-value goods.
Our non-asset-based transportation model allows us the flexibility to adapt to your individual freight needs, while our established distribution centers provides you a wide range of value-added options, from warehousing to fulfillment.
TGL is a supply chain partner providing comprehensive multi-mode and optimization strategies that leverage the size and scale of the Technicolor organization, resulting in greater control and centralized visibility across the entire supply chain. Our team of industry specialists will work with you to understand your supply chain inefficiencies and implement a solution which is customized down to the product-level.
Oversees execution and flow of cargo through the supply chain from origin to destination with an emphasis on cost containment and on-time deliveries. As operations expert and leader of a team, demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently; demonstrates relationship management skills in collaboration with Supply Chain partners. Exercises discretion and acts in support of Technicolor Global Logistics (TGL) goals.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive on-time, cost-effective, and secure international delivery for HES business units
- Own all aspects of international carrier management to ensure cost-effective, consistently acceptable service is maintained
- Recommend and implement approved cost and transit time improvements
- Partner with Global Sourcing to manage carrier capacity for TGL and other BUs
- Oversee daily operations of forwarders and 3PLs for import freight movements
- Negotiate and set rates for Technicolor Global Logistics shipping lanes (for Surface, Ocean, Forwarder, Air, and Expedited freight carriers, and US Customs Duty). Assist other TGL businesses in setting International transportation rates and maintain a database of rates for purchasing leverage across the enterprise
- Lead a team to ensure the timely and efficient movement of merchandise from overseas vendors to the U.S. Ports of Entry or Distribution Centers
- Develop staff to ensure professional and technical knowledge and create succession plans
- Train and develop the international logistics team to enhance understanding of international inbound networks and Import /Service Providers systems/tools
- Make decisions and recommendations regarding recruitment, advancement, salary, performance management, training, development and employee relations
- Establish and use tools to monitor and track performance (EDI, routing, lead time, cost optimization)
- Support Sales/Customers with services that include expediting time sensitive cargo, cargo visibility tools, excellent communication protocols, etc.
- Supervise auditing and payment of freight bills and invoices for export and import shipments
- Maintain records: ensure Shippers’ Letters of Instruction, Freight Forwarder Powers-of-Attorney, and other required documents from suppliers/related-parties are maintained for review as needed
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group problem solving situations and offer solutions.
- Special Projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation or related field required
- At least 5 years’ experience level involved with logistics, supply chain, or transportation required; imports experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), web-based, and Windows based software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be familiar with all US Department of Transportation, US Customs & Border Patrol, Canada Customs, and Mexico Customs requirements. Must have working knowledge of major International Trade agreements, Tariff programs, and freight forwarding operations.
- Understanding of US import requirements and origin operations
- Understanding of Steamship Line and Freight Forwarder contracts and relationships
- Proficient with transportation management software, Mercurygate a plus
- Excellent professional level written and verbal communication skills - ability to interface and communicate effectively with multiple functional groups, geographic regions, different levels of internal and external client organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, other departments, and interact with various work behavior styles
- Highly self-motivated with ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines within an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Solid negotiation, presentation, and collaboration skills - able to influence outcomes and bring initiatives to successful completion through political sensitivity
- Innovative outlook: ability to identify and promote new opportunities
- Change Management: ability to make an effective case for change and to drive progress within the organization
- Demonstrated results and leadership qualities for managing cross-functional teams and superior motivational and effective people management skills are essential
- Experience in team management, talent development, and coaching team members to succeed
- Must exercise judgment to make high level decisions that will result in a positive impact to the team and company
- Experience with financial analysis, job costing analysis, reporting, presentations, cost reduction analysis and recommendations
- Experience using metrics to measure and report progress
COMPETENCIES | LEVEL
- Critical Thinking | Advanced
- Purposeful Action/ Accountability | Expert
- Agility | Advanced
- Listening/Communication | Expert
- Innovation & Risk Taking | Proficient
- Leadership | Advanced
- This position may have 3-5 exempt level direct reports with a team of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Travel is expected for this position
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and smartphones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.