Sr. Data AnalystCamarillo , California Apply now
Home Entertainment Services Overview:
Technicolor is home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. Propelled by a culture of innovation and underpinned by a dedicated research organization, the company’s thriving licensing business possesses an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies. Serving motion picture, television, and other media clients, the company is a leading provider of high-end visual effects, animation, and post-production services. In support of network service providers and broadcasters globally, Technicolor ranks among the world leading suppliers of digital content delivery services and home access devices, including set-top-boxes and gateways. The company also remains a large physical media service provider, being one of the world’s largest film processors and independent manufacturers and distributors of DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for preparing and developing a variety of Supply Chain reports for customer accounts internal and external. Manipulate large volumes of data, financial model development and create new and improved techniques/solutions for data collection, management and usage. Provide extensive support to various lines of business, points of sale, and internal stakeholders by reporting on and analyzing key business metrics. Make decisions on work methods which improve processes, productivity, and efficiencies. This role has an impact on the business in terms of organization strategy in dealing with third party vendors and the work methods used to provide contract agreed practices, pricing and communications for best results.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and execute Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Annual SLA and KPI reports for major customers including tool management control
- Prepare a variety of reports daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly that reflect business process in Manufacturing and Distribution for major customers
- Develop/execute/ manage reporting needs for Technicolor as a whole utilizing various Technicolor system tools, including Business Objects and SAP for internal and external customers with complex requirements.
- Analyze data for trends, patterns, accuracy and use data to draw conclusions/produce key takeaways, executive summaries and dashboard style reports for key customers
- Communicate and work with customers to clarify discrepancies and resolve issues
- Develop complex reporting processes used for forecasting and analyzing operational and financial data
- Manipulate and integrate data from multiple sources to produce reports for supply chain organization by gathering data, data mining, creating graphs, and trend analysis to support business requirements with key customers
- Scripting: write advanced macros, SQL codes, extract data for advanced analysis in Excel to discover meaningful analytical findings, and ad-hoc scripting as needed for increased automation of reporting
- Maintain relationship with large studio clients as it relates to Account Management Manufacturing/Distribution Reporting
- Identify & document issues and concerns, assess feasible resolutions, present options, and change plans as see fit for best practices
- Manage issues up front to avoid escalation - eliminate bottlenecks and single point of failures to keep the team functioning at a steady pace
- Participate in process improvement efforts and project management
- Support commercial projects (management across Global supply chain) and execution of key projects for new contract requirements
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 + years of work experience in a similar reporting and data analysis role, with prior responsibility for generating and managing executive level reports
- Excellent analytical, keen attention to detail and problem-solving abilities are key for this role
- Strong system knowledge including SAP, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook (SQL, Business Objects is a plus)
- ETL – Extract, transform, load – migrate data from one database to another
- Must have knowledge of contract administration, terms and have ability to interpret contracts
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience with using statistical modeling for decision support purposes is preferred
- Media/entertainment, Logistics or supply chain environment preferred
- Independent, self-starter, ability to handle a high volume of work is required
- Exceptional organization skills, self -directed, able to multi-task and reprioritize tasks for self and team as necessary under pressure
- Must be able to develop reports, download data from current systems, conduct appropriate analysis, prepare presentations and communicate recommendation within deadlines
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of management both internally and with studio clients
- Strong understanding of order to cash flow
- Must be professional, dependable, and able to work both independently and in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Positive, flexible, and proactive approach to all work situations and possess good business acumen and judgment
Communication = Expert
Accountability mindset = Advanced
Relationship Management = Expert
Integrity and Trustworthiness = Expert
Collaboration = Advanced
Change Management = Proficient
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and smartphones
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Minimal local travel is expected for this position
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.