Sr. Financial AnalystCamarillo , California Apply now
Work Location: Camarillo (Los Angeles area), CA
Home Entertainment Services Overview:
Technicolor Global Logistics (TGL) provides value added supply chain solutions with proven expertise in solving complex, end-to-end transportation and logistics challenges. After decades of experience in optimizing the supply chains for major Hollywood studios and other content publishers, TGL now serves a variety of market segments including gaming, technology, electronics, and other consumer products and high-value goods. TGL is a supply chain partner providing comprehensive multi-mode and optimization strategies that leverage the size and scale of the Technicolor organization, resulting in greater control and centralized visibility across the entire supply chain.
Position Summary:The Senior Financial Analyst in the TGL Finance team will report to the Division’s Controller and interact with TGL operations, Financial Shared Service center accounting, and Controlling team on a regular basis. Key function is Financial reporting and data analysis in support of Actual, Forecast, and Budget reporting for the division.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1/Manage financial reporting
- Prepare and maintain financial reporting, including month end details and key metrics reporting
- Analyze and support monthly P&L performance and prospective analysis
- Prepare forecast based on input from business unit (Sales and Operational teams)
- Identifies and communicates weekly financial status/trending by reviewing operational data
- Prepare data and analysis for Audit requests (internal, external, and bank audits)
2/Manage general ledger accounting and month end close processes
- Manage and perform day-to-day general accounting for assigned functional area (freight services) with support from the Financial Shared Services Center (FSSC) teams
- Support month end close process and data analysis required to aggregate actuals
- Collect operational reporting in support of month end close processes
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Prepare accrual data by customer
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy
3/Collaborate with Operations, Accounts Receivable (AR), and Accounts Payable (AP) functions
- Manage and perform day-to-day AR and AP for assigned function area (freight services) with support from the FSSC teams and Customer billing team
- Prepare analysis and provide performance KPIs for GL, AR, and AP functions
- Prepare and communicate exception reporting for GL, AR, and AP functions and identify areas for improvement
- Manage processing and allocation of vendor refunds
4/Research and resolve business unit inquires for assigned functional area (freight services)
- Compare forecasted actual results and identify areas of improvement related to order to cash and procurement to cash cycles
5/Procedures and processes
- Document processes
- Identify and communicate areas for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Logistics, Economics or related field preferred or equivalent education, training and experience required
- CPA / MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant industry and finance/accounting experience
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (heavy emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint), web-based, and Windows based software and databases
- Proficient with accounting software required (SAP Business Warehouse and Business Objects a plus)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Logistics experience preferred
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with multiple functional groups, geographic regions, diverse cultures, and different levels of internal organizations
- Well-developed/professional communication skills and style; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees
- Highly self-motivated with ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines within an ever-changing environment
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including conflict resolution
- Ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, works well in group problem solving situations and offers solutions
- Solid negotiation and collaboration skills - able to influence outcomes and bring initiatives to successful completion through multiple departmental teams
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Ethics: works with integrity and ethics, upholds organizational values
No direct reports - leadership qualities needed for providing direction and motivating others
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
No travel is expected for this position
Please note this Job Profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Integrity and Trustworthiness
Innovation & Risk Taking