Project Sourcing Manager (PSM) F/HCesson-Sévigné Apply now
A Project Sourcing Manager (PSM) drives and coordinates all sourcing deliverables for the project which is driven by the Early to Market Core team all along the product life cycle, for In- House development as well as ODM projects.
The PSM ensures our new products have the most technologically advanced, expected quality and low-cost components available to secure a fast time to market and the product profitability. Negotiating with and influencing all external stakeholders, also anticipating issues to improve decision making.
- The PSM manages the project within the sourcing organization.
- Involves all Sourcing stakeholders to achieve each milestone in accordance with the product development cycle.
- Escalates any issues when needed including supplier risks with recommendation for decision making to the Sourcing management.
- Challenges Industrial Sourcing, Global Commodity managers and component engineers to improve product cost, reliability and performance.
- The PSM is in charge of providing all inputs allowing product delivery Commitment to the core team.
- Provides relevant input for phase reviews meetings Informs about long components Lead Time and critical parts / situation.
- Helps the team and coordinates to get sample on time for prototypes when necessary at the early stage of the development.
- Tracks and manages parts approvals with Component Engineering, Global Commodity Managers/buyers, HW Project leader, Mechanical Product Leader , filling in accurately data in TOCOM.
- Identifies and escalates risks/ issues to the Core team to agree on next steps.
- Updates continuously key stakeholders (Industrial Sourcing and NPI...) on changes made on the Approved Vendor List, to ensure the CEM can purchase components and permit Industrial Sourcing to negotiate with CEM.
- For End of Life models (under production): inform the core team about risks linked to parts’ shortages, price increases (due to Minimum Order Quantity).
- The PSM is accountable for ODM relationship management on projects basis.
- Releases the Request for Quote to appropriate potential suppliers.
- Evaluates the supplier offers on the product specifications.
- Builds the ODM shortlist, makes relevant recommendations to decision maker and communicates the list to the core team.
- Contributes to strengthening the partnership with all ODM stakeholders through regular discussions throughout the project life.
- Benchmarks and observes what the ODM is manufacturing for other companies to keep up with competition and ODM know-how.
- The PSM contributes to the product Price Competitiveness until end of product life.
- Reviews cost for project especially for bid answer or project launch (PR0 investigation.
- Is continuously involved in prospecting new parts, working closely with suppliers, Global Commodity Manager and Industrial Sourcing Manager to help R&D choose cost effective solutions (components and manufacturing/test strategy) from the early stage of the development till the end of product life.
- Analyzes the Bill of Material and MVA (Manufacturing Value Added) cost optimization.
- Jointly manages with Program manager the execution of TPC (DTC, DFT, DFM).
- Proposes 2nd sources to the core team, to give more flexibility for negotiation and supply chain.
- Ensures that all components data are accurately documented at the right price in the system for the selected CEM & ODM.
- Manages Model Cost Follow-up (MCFU) on quarterly basis or as needed and shares updates accordingly with program managers and finance to support P&L accuracy.
- Technical knowledge to understand R&D requirements and suppliers proposals ( Plastic , External transformer….).
- Tocom knowledge and overall information workflow knowledge.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- AGILE MINDSET
- TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
- COST EXPERTISE