R&D Senior ControllerCesson-Sévigné Apply now
R&D Financial Controller- Global PDU and TCH Rennes legal entity-
Technicolor Connected Home Division
At Technicolor Connected Home Rennes, we are offering an exciting position for a senior financial R&D controller. The job content is particularly rich with a dual role :
- Finance Business partner for the Global Product Development Unit Video with labs presence in France (Rennes), US, China, India, Korea, Japan and Latin America
- R&D controller for all Connected Home activities for the TCH Rennes legal entity, representing over 25 M€ annual spend in Rennes.
Your principal accountabilities will be:
- Business Controlling responsibilities
- Provide Financial support to the Global PDU leaders to control their organization and project costs
- Support R&D Product investment decisions with business models and ROI-calculations and ensure process adherence during Project development phase review process
- Responsible for budget and monthly forecast cycles
- Define and monitor R&D Key Performance Indicators, including preparing variance analysis (Actual vs Budget/ Forecast) for PDU and Legal Unit Engineering OPEX (Manpower, contractor, outsourcing, project specific costs and allocations), R&D Capitalization, amortization (under IFRS- IAS38), and Labs CAPEX.
- Monitor the R&D Capitalization process in the company management books under IFRS (IAS 38)
- Identify and optimize external subsidies relative to research activities
- Cooperate with US, Europe and Asia based R&D controllers for transversal and consolidated analysis of R&D Capitalization, or cost by nature (outsourcing, Specific Costs, Workforce)
- Participate to the implementation of IT tools and ERP to improve R&D monitoring for Costs Structure and Outsourcing to continuously improve the R&D controlling Processes
- Financial Accounting/ Statutory duties
- Monitor the monthly book closing in close relation with the Legal Entity Controller and the Financial Shared Service Center, responsible for transactional accounting
- Ensure accounts integrity for supported R&D organizations and Projects, justifying expenses and accruals on cost centers, capitalized R&D as intangible assets in the balance sheet
- Ensure full compliance to Group financial procedures and policies including respect of spending authorizations, follow up of restructuring reserves, R&D Capitalization
- Provide all information required for external and internal audit related to the R&D activities
You would be the perfect candidate for this role if you have:
- 10-15 years experience in controlling
- Demonstrated experience working in “network” with virtual and remote teams, as this role involves cooperating with an Accounting Shared Service Center, R&D managers and other PDU controllers located across multiple sites
- Prior experience working in an international, matrix mode, fast paced environment
- Solid accounting knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP (CPA preferred)
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, Powerpoint
- Strong ERP system background (SAP preferred)
- Professional experience/ knowledge in various finance disciplines: business planning and performance, investment analysis, portfolio analysis, management accounting, process improvement, and cost management
- Demonstrated change management capabilities and contribution to profitable growth
- Demonstrated interest for technologies
- Pro-active and hands on attitude
- True team player
- Strong analytical skills with capability of switching between high level review and detailed analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This position is based in Rennes, and might require occasional travels.
This position reports solid line to the Global CH R&D Controller and dotted line to the Global PDU leaders.
Why apply and join us?
If you are looking for a next step in your career and take a challenging assignment, involving dealing with complex issues in a multinational high tech company, this job is for you.
To be successful in this job, you will have to tap in and grow your organizational and influence skills. As a R&D Controller in the Connected Home Division of Technicolor, you will be embedded in the product development process, which is the core activity in this division with 50% of the total manpower. Besides honing your controlling and accounting skills, this role will expand your analytical, operational, and problem solving skills. You will be part of a cohesive, inclusive, professional though demanding team of international controllers.
Ready for the challenge? Please apply
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging technologies. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.