3D AnimatorChicago Apply now
The Mill Chicago is currently looking for an experienced 3D Animator to join our team.
A 3D Animator must work closely with our Head of Department and fellow animators to augment and develop their techniques, research and incorporate new technology, as well as develop an in-depth awareness of client requirements and how to co-ordinate and guide them through the creative process.
Along with this they will require a base understanding of animation rigging/set-up and CG character animation.
Their skills and experience in these areas will allow them to progress to the position of a 3D Lead Artist where they will be expected to lead meetings with clients and attend shoots to advise upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end special effects.
Working closely with 3D Artists, Leads and the Head of Department to ensure the clients’ requirements are met.
Working under the guidance of the Senior 3D Artists to grow and develop the business, as well as implement working methodologies, manage large projects and coordinate the visual effects output and quality control.
* 1-3 years experience.
* A degree in animation or computer graphics.
* Familiarity with Maya.
* Familiarity with Linux operating systems knowledge as well as experience of Windows.
* General knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD and Nuke/After Effects.
* An understanding of hair dynamics, animation rigging/set-up and 3D character animation.
* Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process.
* Demonstrate and understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines.