ProducerChicago Apply now
The Mill Chicago is currently looking for an experienced VFX Producer to join our commercials production department.
The ideal candidate for this varied and customer-focused role will have a minimum of several years experience in VFX post production. He/she will have an understanding of, and interest in, new trends and developments in the wider field is essential.Requirements
- Prepare accurate and high detailed budgets and advising on both high end VFX and fast turnaround adaptation work.
- Plan, coordinate and lead projects from storyboard through to final delivery.
- Ensuring correct scheduling of sessions.
- Manage project negotiation and utilize all resources efficiently.
- Work alongside Leads and creative supervisors to track and manage projects.
- Manage resources and ensure a strong line of communication between teams and all support departments.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to supervisors or department heads.
- Oversee the execution of all masters and final client deliveries.
- Reconciling and billing all costs as per client requirements and internal standards.
- Answering client technical queries or liaising with operators or technical staff to obtain and provide requested information.
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional atmosphere to each project, being proactive and solution-orientated.
- Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback to appropriate creative, production and operational personnel.
- Monitor and review project demands on creative artists and ensure that they have sufficient support staff and resources for each project.
- Provide ongoing line management during projects, managing the welfare of both creative and production teams.
- Advise clients on post-production techniques and shooting requirements.
- Monitor and ensure the most effective use of the company’s technical, creative and resources to deliver a successful outcome on projects both locally and internationally.
- Keep abreast of new techniques and equipment available on-site.
- Understanding of, and interest in, new trends and developments in the wider field is essential.
- 3-4 years minimum experience as a VFX Producer.
- Highly organized
- Exemplary time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work within a team towards a common goal
- Understanding of common file formats and resolutions