Postvis Shot CreatorCulver City , CA Apply now
We’re currently looking for some talented Postvis Shot Creators who exhibit a strong understanding of film production with a comprehensive understanding of visual storytelling and animation. Our postvis artists are tasked with taking the plates we receive from production tracking them and augmenting them with our previs worlds and characters. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable working with a postvis supervisor as well as team of fellow postvis artists and exhibit a proficient knowledge of film production, 3D tracking software, camera filmbacks, compositing, rotomation, animation, effects, and lighting.
- Create shot sequences from various reference materials including concept art and storyboards.
- Possess a strong sense of composition, color, and animation timing.
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
- Create realistic and compelling character animation following the 12 principles of animation.
- Animate creatures, props, and vehicles.
- Understand cinematic language and camera terminology
- Ability to incorporate realism effects such as motion blur, depth of field and other effects.
- Mocap animation cleanup.
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed.
- Help guide shot creation relying on understanding of shot continuity of sequence.
- Work efficiently as a team player able to take artistic direction.
- Adapt quickly to change – often having to toss out ideas and start fresh.
The Technicolor Pre-production Studio is a new and exciting visualization company within an already well-established company with offices in Los Angeles, London, Montreal, Vancouver and Bangalore. Though the Pre-Production studio is standalone from Technicolor’s industry-leading visual effects brands – MPC Film, Mill Film, MR. X and Technicolor VFX– the team can work seamlessly in conjunction with one or any combination of them. Recent examples of our work include Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Detective Pikachu, Passengers, Ghost in the Shell and The Jungle Book.
1+ years' experience in the following software programs preferred:
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects
- 3DEqualizer (a plus)