Previs Asset BuilderCulver City , CA Apply now
We’re currently looking for some talented Previs Asset Builders who exhibit a strong artistic eye paired with a technically proficient mind. Low-polygon models are built quickly and need to be highly optimized with clever OpenGL techniques in order to work in real-time inside Maya. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong problem solving skills and have a strong sense of design.
- Build highly optimized assets for real time workflows in Maya.
- 3D Modeling and Texturing for feature films, using a wide range of reference and concept material.
- Generate low-resolution assets for both organic and hard surface - characters, creatures, props, and environments.
- Texture, rig, and light models quickly and efficiently.
- Transfer and/or create lower resolution models from higher resolution models.
- Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing,
- Possess an artistic eye for detail and understand the technical specifications for each project.
- Work as an effective team player and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Adapt quickly to change – often having to toss out ideas and start fresh.
The Technicolor Pre-production Studio is a new and exciting visualization company within an already well-established company with offices in Los Angeles, London, Montreal, Vancouver and Bangalore. Though the Pre-Production studio is standalone from Technicolor’s industry-leading visual effects brands – MPC Film, Mill Film, MR. X and Technicolor VFX– the team can work seamlessly in conjunction with one or any combination of them. Recent examples of our work include Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Detective Pikachu, Passengers, Ghost in the Shell and The Jungle Book.
- Strong spatial awareness and a good sense of form, scale and proportion, and a keen eye for detail.
- A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required,
- Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing.
- Ability to work with Z-brush and/or Mudbox (a plus).
- Experience texturing in Mari and/or Substance Painter required.
- Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage.
1+ years' experience in the following software programs is preferred:
- Autodesk Maya
- Unity or Unreal
- Substance Painter
- Mudbox (a plus)
- ZBrush (a plus)