RF Systems/Antenna Systems Design EngineerIndianapolis , Indiana Apply now
As a RF System and Antenna Systems designer on our team, you will join a dynamic team responsible for designing and qualifying the wireless features, as well as Cable RF systems for the product lines. The successful candidate will drive to ensure the stability and reliability of our WiFi/BT/Zigbee/IoT Systems design of the product, as well as drive board level performance of the Cable Front End design. Candidate shall be required to peform simulation and guide CAD team to design circuitry for RF portions of the product. Candidate shall be required to perform simulation of antenna systems as integrated into the product and where applicable simulate and custome design antennas for the assigned product.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead the projects and present them to upper level mgmt.
- Create test lab or customer environment for trouble shooting any issues that may occur in a lab or customer home.
- Understands the data/ results and can interpret the data - communicate them well.
- Able to parse raw RF System data traffic troubleshooting and validation efforts
- Strong knowledge on RF propagation fundamentals, including MU-MIMO, Link budget, SISO, MIMO, MCS index and general RF characteristics.
- Triage and trouble-shooting of RF Systems enabled in Gateways/Wireless Router/IoT devices functionality and Performance
- Explore and evaluate new IoT wireless subsystems, validate co-existence protocol between each wireless sub-sytems in the product.
- Perform wireless quality assurance testing and triage for products. Triage and trouble-shooting wireless enabled devices/Gateways connected to smart home devices
- Product testing and defect validation
- Understanding of 802.11xx standards and specs is a plus
- IoT Systems testing (Zigbee, Bluetooth, Thread, etc.)
- Inter-Op testing (CE, CPE, etc.)
- Rate vs orientation, Rate vs. Range, etc.
- Traffic Generators( iGen, Ixia Chariot, iPerf, etc.)
- Enhanced Wi-Fi feature testing
- TRP/TIS testing knowledge and experience
In accordance with Technicolor Information Protection Policy, ensure that valued information of both Technicolor and its third parties such as customers, vendors, subcontractors and partners is protected.
Minimum Education & Experience required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering or equivalent experience
Must have a minimum of 6-years work experience in RF/IoT/Wi-Fi Planning, Design, and analysis. Strong foundation in board level RF design and debugging and RF Simulation skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Preferable to have automation experience in any of the scripting or programing languages Coding skills in C/C++ or scripting skills in python/shell
Please note this Job Profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.