Adtext Graduate TraineeLondon Apply now
Adtext, the leading commercials subtitling division of The Mill, has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Trainee. We would provide support and training to the successful applicant in order to develop the necessary skills to become an experienced Subtitling Producer.
Summary of Role:
- Create English hard-of-hearing subtitles and work as part of the larger Adtext team to help meet tight daily deadlines.
- This role involves client liaison, adapting to short-notice schedule changes and managing video assets.
- Organising the creation and delivery of foreign-language subtitles, voice-over and audio description, from the quotation stage to the delivery of files to clients, whilst maintaining strict quality standards.
- Ensuring that projects meet clients' expectations with regards to both quality and timely delivery.
- Quality Control: ensuring the highest quality subtitles are created and delivered to client.
- Providing direct client support throughout the project cycle; communicating with clients regarding project status.
- Checking all media for accurate duration, frame rate, content, quality, aspect ratio and format.
- Answering queries from translators and addressing other technical or linguistic issues.
- Liaising with technical personnel.
- Identifying, assigning, scheduling and supervising foreign-language projects.
- Finding solutions to everyday technical and linguistic problems.
- Staying up to date with technology developments.
- Ensuring all projects are invoiced accurately.
- Working flexibly to ensure Adtext's extended opening hours are covered.
- Good English spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Ability to speak a foreign language, preferably French, would be an advantage
- Able to master new processes and softwares quickly
- Pro-active learning
- Excellent client service
- A degree in English language is a preferred requirement