Sound AssistantCardiff Apply now
Sound Assistant (Cardiff)
Reports to: Head of Sound, working closely with the Cardiff-based Technicolor Team, alongside the Feature, Episodic, Sales and Engineering Teams based in London.
Positioning of Role: This role is a sound assistant position, with a working knowledge of picture. The UK Post Business offers a range of services through specialist teams focused on the differing needs of the Feature, Episodic and Streaming markets. This role will service all these markets.
- Running ADR sessions
- Pro-tools project setup
- Assisting Re-Recording mixer in Pre-mix and Final Mix
- Creating basic deliverables
- Meeting deadlines and managing workloads dependent on priorities
- Reviewing elements prior to session, escalating all issues in a timely manner to the producer
- Working unsupervised with clients
- Ability to take direction and collaborate creatively
- Liaise with production to determine their needs in relation to their content and acquire EDL
- Perform quality control checks of conformed timelines in alignment with guides supplied by the Client.
- Perform technical quality control checks on all material to meet broadcast and studio feature film delivery standards
- An audio related qualification either from a university (degree) or via a specialised audio school such as SAE would be an advantage
- Previous audio experience in a post-production environment with Pro-tools
- Knowledge of Theatrical and Episodic workflows is an advantage
- Good working knowledge of all audio and video formats and specifications
- Some technical knowledge of mixing consoles
- Knowledgeable about high resolution formats and colour standards, digital acquisition formats, encoding and transcoding methods and formats, compression file formats and operating systems e.g., Linux, Mac OS, Windows is a distinct advantage
- Excellent Client handling skills, builds rapport quickly with Clients to establish long-term relationships couple with excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive and reliable team player
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented and able to organize and prioritise work
- Calm and professional manner
- Must have the ability to work on own and to be a self-starter.
- Creative flair and passion for the theatrical and broadcast industry
- Flexibility with shifts and daily hours worked