Subtitling ProducerLondon Apply now
Adtext, the leading subtitles of commercials, and a division of the The Mill, is looking for an experienced English subtitler for the hard-of-hearing to fill the position of Subtitling Producer.
- Trained in subtitling software, ideally Swift
- Native English speaker, with excellent spelling and grammar
- Technically sound in various file formats
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Dedication and commitment
- Proactive and flexible approach
- Bilingual in French desirable
- Project-management experience
- Creating English hard-of-hearing subtitles with a quick turnaround.
- Organising foreign-language subtitles, from the quotation stage, creation of English templates, to the delivery of files to clients, whilst maintaining strict quality standards.
- Liaising with clients, adapting to short-notice schedule changes, managing video assets and sourcing and managing freelance linguists.
- Handling audio-description projects.
- Ensuring all projects are invoiced accurately.
- Providing direct client support throughout the project cycle, communicating with clients regarding project status, queries from linguists and other technical or linguistic issues, ensuring that projects meet client’s expectations.
- Identifying, assigning, scheduling and supervising foreign-language projects.
- Recruiting freelance subtitlers and updating the linguists’ database.
- Checking all media for accurate duration, frame rate, content, quality, aspect ratio and format.
- Quality Control: ensuring the highest quality subtitles are created and delivered to client.
Other Associated Duties
- Liaising with technical personnel.
- Finding solutions to everyday technical and linguistic problems.
- Staying up-to-date with technology developments.