Post Production Systems AdministratorLondon Apply now
Technicolor Creative Services UK currently has a rare opportunity for a Systems Administrator role within our Soho offices.
At Technicolor, it’s the detail that matters. We provide creative content solutions to capture, color, enhance, master and deliver! Our picture and sound artists capture and reflect the essence of the story being told on camera. This coupled with a great team of producers and engineers ensures the purity of content throughout the digital pipeline. Our mission is simple - creative content solutions delivered securely and efficiently to any screen.
In a varied, complex and challenging role, you will be responsible for the design and configuration - including the overall architecture philosophy and topology - of our networks, as well as troubleshooting it where necessary. You will have the opportunity to support our I/O team through assisting with Clipster and Venice, as well as Final Cut Pro and our Tape Robots and Servers. You will also provide support for, amongst other things, our Flame and Baselight systems. The role is critical to meeting client deadlines and requires a flexible approach to hours and days worked.
- Proven track record of resolving basic issues associated with system configuration management, resource sharing and basic networking concepts
- Experience in resolving security issues
- Experience with virtualised machine environments, render pipelines
- Ability to monitor and identify network policy violations and system breaches
- SAN and NAS style production storage systems (ideally with Quantum StorNext experience)
- Storage support, management, configuration and optimization
- StorNext File System Support
- Experience with virtualised machine environments
- Must enjoy complex problem solving and delivering results
- Scripting, Python & BASH
- Proficient with Linux, Windows and Mac operating systems
- Administration of MS Active Directory and familiarity of UID/GID principals in multi OS environments
- Fibre Channel Switches and Networking (Brocade)
- IP Switches, Routers and Firewalls (Primarily Junos)
- Server Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Network Monitoring and Change Management (Ansible)
- System imaging deployment and management (Puppet, Chef, Salt)