Technical Operations ManagerLondon Apply now
The Mill is seeking a Technical Operations Manager to join our ever-expanding group. The role is a staff role with benefits and will be based in our London office. The Mill has offices in New York, Chicago, London, Bangalore and Los Angeles each with a local team at each location.
The Technology Operations Manager is a leadership position in the technical department of the The Mill. These individuals are responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing organizational technology processes from start to finish including prioritizing day-to-day projects, shift schedules and tasks. You will be working in collaboration with local and worldwide technology team leaders, principal engineers, schedulers and production co-ordinators.
Since this is a leadership position, technology operations managers are responsible for delivering advice and direction to technical staff which this requires that technology operations managers be excellent communicators and team builders.
Typically, technical operations managers work in an office environment during regular business hours however overtime and work on weekends could be required for deadlines and other important functions. You will communicate with individuals at many different levels from within the company, as a technology operations manager be ready to answer lots of questions, especially by non-techy coworkers and during management meetings. This position is a player-manager role well suited to pro-active, task driven individuals that like to get things done and know how to utilise different resources.
● Create and maintain the best practice standards, procedures and documentation for technical operations.
● Manage engineering team day-to-day and project priorities.
● Meet with scheduling, production, key-artists on a regular basis to gather feedback and disseminate information.
● Coordinate and participate in projects to design, develop, test, install and maintain specialized technical operations.
● Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach and counsel technical employees.
● Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions.
● Plan and review and enforce policies and procedures, communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
● Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
● Serve as primary point of contact when there are artist/production issues related to equipment, customer service and technical issues.
● Communicate issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
● Provide knowledge and training on products to internal team.
● Prioritize the work in multi-tasking environment.
● Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow up on commitments, detail oriented, effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
● Flexible, accurate and excellent interpersonal skills with good team leadership ability.
● A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology (IT) project management, or related technical field.
● 3-5 years of experience in a technical leadership position