Animation SupervisorLos Angeles , CA Apply now
The Animation Supervisor is a key, senior creative role within MPC Film. This role is responsible for ensuring consistency, quality and supervision across all animation projects. You will be a key part of the pitching process and will creatively inspire our clients, as well as our animators and broader CG team. Top level animation skills, leadership and creative problem solving are a must.
- Oversee and supervise animation across all projects, review animation at all stages, providing feedback to the animators, supervisors, and clients as necessary.
- Ensure the team is producing high-quality animation that fits within the style and pacing of each project and brief.
- Be a key creative part of pitches and animation tests, helping us to win and secure the most ambitious creative briefs out there.
- Be a senior creative voice within the company and department, advising on the best approach to deliver the best quality at all times.
- Nurture, develop, and manage our animation team, with the support of our other department heads.
- Work closely with our rigging team, providing feedback and suggestions with the aim of developing our setup, rigs, and tool functionality.
- Partner with the HoDs and talent team to source and recruit the best animation talent.
- Be hands-on, animating on projects at a senior/lead level, whilst simultaneously supervising other projects.
- Support the animation team with technical and creative problems.
- Work with the rigging team to develop our animation rigs and pipeline.
- Represent the company at industry-wide talks and forums.
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
- Significant experience working at a supervisory level, on high-end VFX and animation projects, across film and/or commercials/advertising.
- Be able to produce flawless, photo-real animation and animated performances, across creature, character, and VFX animation projects.
- Be able to inspire, supervise, and lead a team/department of animators to deliver world-class animation on time and on brief.
- Be comfortable and accurate when quoting animation for new projects.
- Be a confident communicator with clients and team members at all levels.
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, form, and all other animation principles.
- Good teamwork and excellent communication skills within the VFX team and with producers, directors, and clients.
- Be comfortable working and delivering under pressure and on-schedule.
- Have a deep understanding of the entire VFX pipeline.
- Expert-level Maya abilities.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment.
- Experience directing motion capture.
- Experience with in-scene camera work.
- Experience with game engines preferred (Unity & Unreal).
- Self-motivated problem solver.