Colorist, MarketingHollywood , California Apply now
The Colorist is responsible for digital color correction for client Marketing projects, including but not limited to trailers, TV spots, and social media spots. This role requires grading shots with a full range of primary and secondary color correction, including the ability to selectively grade individual elements within a shot. The Colorist works directly with clients using personal creative ability to interpret the client’s intent for the look and feel of a project.
- Responsible for all content in the Color suite. Executes color correction for Marketing projects.
- Grades shots with a full range of primary and secondary color correction, including the ability to selectively grade individual elements within a shot.
- Prepares for client sessions; liaises with Producers and assistants beforehand to check elements to ensure accuracy and flag any technical concerns.
- Performs post session follow-up such as assessment of work orders and completes any necessary revisions.
- Works with Scheduling and Operations to assess and fulfill the needs of the clients.
- Fills out all work orders and reports for assigned projects.
- Creates and renders all deliverables.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in color correction.
- Strong technical knowledge of color correction platforms such as Lustre, Resolve, and Baselight as well as 2D/3D DI and monitor grading. Prior knowledge and experience with HDR grading a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with clients and internal producers regularly and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Must be able to maintain flexible schedule to meet production requirements; ability to work long hours as needed ;ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision. Able to apply creative license to work as well as take over other colorists projects when necessary and maintain the creative intentions for those projects.
- Ability to focus for long periods of time; excellent visual acuity.
- Work well under pressure; deadline oriented.
- Ability to attract and retain clients.
- Adaptable to change, reliable and dependable.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong technical background in post production.
- Detail oriented and creative.
- General knowledge of film and color science.
- Resourceful and flexible with sound business judgment and integrity.
- Must have general knowledge of various file and data formats.
- Must be a team player who can work with Production and Operations for the benefit of the facility.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.