Lead DeveloperLos Angeles Apply now
The Mill has been creating world-class visual effects built on creative excellence and cutting-edge technologies for over twenty-eight years. We believe in creating work that touches people emotionally, that becomes popular culture and that people love, talk about and want to share. We believe in great ideas beautifully told.
We are currently looking for a Lead Developer to join our team in Los Angeles.
As a Lead Developer, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of real-time applications, using game engines or other similar frameworks. You will assist production in project scoping and planning from a technical perspective. Through familiarity with design and CG processes, you will collaborate closely with creatives to achieve high-quality immersive content within the constraints of the medium. You will provide technical leadership for a team of developers and technical artists. You will assume ownership over the quality and robustness of the final project deliveries. You will constantly maintain awareness of emerging technologies related to new media applications.
- Lead a team of developers and technical artists on various Emerging Technology projects.
- Be able to articulate technically complex concepts concisely for non-technical collaborators and clients.
- Collaborate directly with creative directors, designers, clients and external vendors.
- Daily interactions with production team to stay on schedule with all tasks and assist with bidding.
- Research / experiment with new hardware and software.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Fluency writing real-time shaders using GLSL/HLSL.
- Understanding of the real-time graphics GPU pipeline.
- Fluency in C++ and/or C#.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine, Unity or any proprietary game engine.
- Proficiency with Git/Perforce or other version control systems.
- Comfortable learning new software and programming languages.
- Understanding of content & technical pipeline.
- Solid software engineering skills; ability to write maintainable and robust code.
- Able to self-direct and comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Able to think creatively outside the box. Experience working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate under tight deadlines. Strong time management & organization skills.