Previs Asset BuilderLos Angeles , CA Apply now
We’re currently looking for some talented Previs Asset Builders who exhibit a strong artistic eye paired with a technically proficient mind. Low-polygon models are built quickly and need to be highly optimized with clever OpenGL techniques in order to work in real-time inside Maya. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong problem solving skills and have a strong sense of design.
- Build highly optimized assets for real time workflows in Maya.
- 3D Modeling and Texturing for feature films, using a wide range of reference and concept material.
- Generate low-resolution assets for both organic and hard surface - characters, creatures, props, and environments.
- Texture, rig, and light models quickly and efficiently.
- Transfer and/or create lower resolution models from higher resolution models.
- Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing,
- Possess an artistic eye for detail and understand the technical specifications for each project.
- Work as an effective team player and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Adapt quickly to change – often having to toss out ideas and start fresh.
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
- Strong spatial awareness and a good sense of form, scale and proportion, and a keen eye for detail.
- A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required,
- Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing.
- Ability to work with Z-brush and/or Mudbox (a plus).
- Experience texturing in Mari and/or Substance Painter required.
- Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage.
1+ years' experience in the following software programs is preferred:
- Autodesk Maya
- Unity or Unreal
- Substance Painter
- Mudbox (a plus)
- ZBrush (a plus)