Production AccountantLos Angeles , CA Apply now
This position will be reporting to the Head of Studio and work closely with finance teams in Vancouver, Montreal and London.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Revenue and cost analysis of projects including evaluation of financial and operational risks and opportunities.
- Develop and improve the existing processes to drive efficiencies and create better controls around project costs, billing and collections.
- Working closely with producers and resourcing teams to ensure project and departmental costs are appropriately tracked and accurately billed.
- Support the accurate monthly closing, forecasting and financial reporting for the studio.
- Build and maintain data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
- Provide analysis and ad-hoc support to producers and the wider business as required.
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.
- Ability to adapt documents quickly and effectively in order to meet clients’ and producers’ needs.
- Experience: Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting with minimum 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs, etc.) and ability to create and work in complex financial models.
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.