Senior Systems AdministratorLos Angeles , CA Apply now
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting, developing and operating top of the line, high-end infrastructure containing hundreds of servers, PB of fast storage and high throughput switching.
We are looking for someone with a SRE/DevOps mindset, multi-tasker, out of the box thinker, to complete our team of dynamic systems administrators. If you like a challenge and want to learn and experience hands on work on many technologies, this is the place.
- Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems Administer Windows and Linux based servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large-scale networking and routing.
- Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis.
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis.
- Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide.
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups Manage the data center power and cooling systems.
- Communicate with operations staﬀ surrounding technology issues.
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
- Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing Scripting (Python, Bash)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools (Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes) Experience with VMware
- 5+ years of experience working in an IT position
- Experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high-performance computing environment is a deﬁnitive asset
- Degree in a technical discipline is an asset
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work under pressure Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment