Freight Account Representative (Temporary)Memphis , Tennessee Apply now
Technicolor Global Logistics Overview:
Technicolor Global Logistics (TGL) provides value added supply chain solutions with proven expertise in solving complex, end-to-end transportation and logistics challenges. After decades of experience in optimizing the supply chains for major Hollywood studios and other content publishers, TGL now serves a variety of market segments including gaming, technology, electronics, and other consumer products and high-value goods.
Our non-asset based transportation model allows us the flexibility to adapt to your individual freight needs, while our established distribution centers provides you a wide range of value-added options, from warehousing to fulfillment.
TGL is a supply chain partner providing comprehensive multi-mode and optimization strategies that leverage the size and scale of the Technicolor organization, resulting in greater control and centralized visibility across the entire supply chain. Our team of industry specialists will work with you to understand your supply chain inefficiencies, and implement a solution which is customized down to the product-level.
The Freight Account Representative will aggressively develop and secure an established carrier base to build capacity and adequate coverage according to the strategic plan. The position purchases transportation services by qualifying potential contractors and finalizing agreements. The person in this role is pivotal for growing business for the organization and is responsible for matching freight to third party carriers and their available equipment. Responsibilities include heavy cold calling with strong relationship building skills, negotiating power, and the ability to multi-task while having fun doing it.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Market, service and promote Technicolor’s transportation products and services
- Solicit new sales/business and identify opportunities for account penetration and growth through analysis/discovery, cold calling, and self-generated leads
- Establish and maintain a regular book of freight business volume from new and existing customers
- Follow through on each transaction from beginning to end by selling and closing each freight deal
- Manage, develop, foster, build, and secure successful shipping and carrier relationships proactively; be a customer champion
- Customer reporting and score carding
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain or related field strongly preferred
- 2-3 years relevant experience, minimum 6 months – 1 year in a high volume 3rd party logistics or Truckload Brokerage/Freight Operation required
- Strong PC skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), web-based and Windows based software and databases and the ability to learn and utilize transportation management software (TMS)
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills: speaks clearly and persuasively in various situations, responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively, presents numerical data effectively and accurately.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including conflict resolution
- Ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Highly self-motivated with ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines within an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency
- Must be willing to be on call periodically after normal business hours and weekend rotation
- Negotiations skills: Demonstrated ability to negotiate and “broker” truckloads for maximum profit to company and necessary service to customer
- Customer service: manages difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly, tactfully, and effectively to customer needs
- Quality management: looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ethics: works with integrity and ethics, upholds organizational values
- Planning/organizing: organizes, priorities, and plans work activities effectively, uses time efficiently
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and smartphones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.