Sr. Manager, Carrier Relations & PricingMemphis , Tennessee Apply now
Technicolor Global Logistics Overview:
TGL (Technicolor Global Logistics) is the freight management division of Technicolor, a leading 3PL provider for the entertainment industry handling more than 15 million shipments and 50,000 SKUs every year. This business unit provides secure, time-sensitive transportation management solutions and supply chain visibility to leading clients within and beyond the entertainment sector with the objective of reducing client transportation costs while improving service.
Our non-asset based transportation model allows us the flexibility to adapt to individual freight needs, while our established distribution centers provides a wide range of value-added options, from warehousing to fulfillment. TGL is a supply chain partner providing comprehensive multi-mode and optimization strategies that leverage the size and scale of the Technicolor organization, resulting in greater control and centralized visibility across the entire supply chain.
This position facilitates carrier procurement/management activities within Technicolor Global Logistics (TGL) and manages the interaction between TGL and its Carrier partners for all surface transportation modes. The individual also leads the company’s effort to develop a comprehensive, up to date carrier pricing data base that is designed to produce competitive freight costs.
The underlying mandate is to facilitate profitable growth and successful execution of TGL Transportation Management opportunities through effective Carrier management and competitive solution pricing.
Essential Functions (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Establish and maintain long-lasting, sustainable relationships with TGL’s carrier partners to better align company goals, customers’ goals, and the carriers’ goals in order to continue to provide the best options for TGL shippers
- Facilitate the procurement of carrier capacity for ongoing business needs; including replacement carriers, seasonal surges, and spot-capacity requirements, to ensure support needs are met
- Proactively work with TGL’s carrier partners to stay informed about their capacities, capabilities, needs and changes in their business that might affect TGL
- Provide freight data and shipment analysis for carriers to uncover further cost savings year-over-year and give intelligence such as capacity reports and on-time shipment reports to better improve carrier operations and reduce shipper costs
- Assume business ownership of TGL’s Carrier and Price database of carrier rates, lanes, and volumes across the TGL transportation network for business opportunity pricing, analysis and identification of network optimization
- Negotiate contract pricing with carriers, including dedicated lane rates for LTL and Truckload freight services
- Ensure TGL’s negotiation practices are ethical and fair, fostering a TGL market image of honesty and “good corporate citizenship”
- Liaise with Corporate Procurement on any joint TGL/Technicolor opportunities as they arise
- Develop and maintain necessary processes (SOP’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s) to support continuous improvement within existing operations, and to accommodate new business opportunities
- Analyze current and future market trends and competitors to understand transportation and supply chain industry and adapt strategy to achieve competitive advantage
- Interdepartmental collaboration: Support operational capacity needs, carrier pricing and capacity management issues, continuous improvement initiatives, and administration (contracting and compliance issues, etc.)
- Supply Pricing and Solution support to TGL Sales as well as with process guidance and support for client RFI / RFP / RFQ responses to obtain required pricing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, supply chain or related field strongly preferred or commensurate education, training, and experience required
- 7+ years of industry related work experience required including transportation/logistics, carrier pricing, operations, or supply chain services
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a management level role
- Transportation experience encompassing LTL, TL pricing and carrier management
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Project, and PowerPoint), web-based, and Windows based software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of computer based simulation, optimization, transportation management and modeling tools
- Exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to earn the trust and confidence of carriers and customers (internal/external)
- Excellent professional level written and verbal communication skills - ability to interface and communicate effectively with multiple functional groups, geographic regions/cultures, different levels of internal and external organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, other departments, and interact with various work behavior styles
- Highly self-motivated with ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines within an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Solid negotiation and collaboration skills - able to influence outcomes and bring initiatives to successful completion through political sensitivity
- Innovative outlook: ability to identify and promote new opportunities
- Change Management: ability to make an effective case for change and to drive progress within the organization
- Demonstrated results and leadership qualities for developing and managing cross-functional teams and motivating others
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience with Bulk Tank, Flatbed, Hot Shot, small parcel, etc. – safety programs related to transportation is highly desired Exposure to carrier price structure, contracts, performance metrics preferred
- Knowledge of intermodal and rail pricing experience preferred
- This position may have 1 – 5 exempt and non-exempt direct reports
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and smartphones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel is expected for this position
- Please note this Job Profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.