Full Stack Application DeveloperMontreal , QC Apply now
We believe that monolithic single-user workstation applications have reached their limit. Real-time rendering technologies are enabling unprecedented rates of creative interaction and cloud-first architectures offer new opportunities for collaboration. The Lumos project is an initiative to invent new ways of working with CG assets purpose-built to radically improve the way our artists can iterate creatively.
We are building from the ground up using modern web technologies such as React, Redux, Node.js and WebAssembly backed by components written in C++ and integrating Pixar's open-sourced USD (Universal Scene Description) which is being adopted by many studios and software vendors across the visual effects industry. As a developer, you will be faced with interesting challenges and join in the development of an innovative architecture which involves network communication, distributed computing, multi-site / multi-user collaboration and integration with existing and next generation visual effects pipelines. Join the Lumos team to work on this ecosystem and develop an exciting product for our visual effects artists.
We are looking for a full-stack web application developers to build and maintain internally facing interfaces to our platform and production data using web technologies. The tools will be responsible for the presentation of information to digital artists, project managers and engineering teams.
You will have strong experience developing front-end applications, with an interest in the presentation and visualization of complex problems. You will be comfortable writing back-end code to complement the front-end using provided APIs for integration with the platform.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
With offices all over the globe, MPC Film is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
- Appreciation for the aesthetics of tools
- Redux, Node.js, WebAssembly
- Visualizations using SVG and d3
- Knowledge of Pixar's open-source USD is considered an asset
- Application frameworks, particularly REACT
- Writing front-end code in a MVC pattern
- Template engines, particularly Jinja2
- Development with Python and the standard library
- A working understanding of HTTP and JSON
- Experience in querying an RDBMS, such as MySQL
- Interest in service-based architectures