StereographerMontreal , QC Apply now
The Stereo Lead is responsible for leading Stereo teams reviewing all shots for technical accuracy prior to delivery to client. They will also be involved in review sessions with client studios and be responsible for communicating those requests to artists. Finally, the Stereo Lead will be responsible for ensuring that artists understand the change requests and work with the compositing supervisor to confirm that the changes are implemented.
- QC of native stereo plate correction for colour and vertical alignment (using Ocular)
- Work with Layout Department to set stereo cameras for full CG shots.
- Work with ENV Department and Lighting Department to ensure proper stereo workflow
- Work with Compositing Department on daily basis to ensure proper workflow
- Final Stereo QC of output
- Liaise with client to ensure stereo output fits in with general depth requirements
- Work with technology teams and other MPC Stereographers to design/improve any stereo tools/workflow
The Moving Picture Film Company is known for
its award winning development of VFX in the Jungle Book for Disney, The
Harry Potter movies, X-Men and more. Our VFX artists are world leaders
in this highly specialised industry.
This is a fast pace,
successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an
ability to analyse and question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst
business partnering to the operational side of the business.
- Solid experience of working with native Stereo material / movies
- A solid knowledge of the stereo process
- A strong technical background
- Previous experience in a VFX environment
- An understanding of the whole film pipeline
- Strong VFX Experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Desire to take on challenging work
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Able to take and apply direction
- Strong creative ability and flair
- Able to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to mentor and provide feedback