Operations ManagerNew York Apply now
The role of Operations Manager is to correctly resource and maintain the creative department, through the knowledge of different artist capabilities and history, the tracking of projects from quoted to scheduled, and the supervision and leadership to colleagues within their team. The role requires an application to an Operations career path, in order to develop a keen understanding of talent skillsets and career expectations to support the Head of Resource and Heads of Department to deliver and maximize the potential and creative output of the department.
- Provide support and training to scheduling team in areas of talent and kit utilization.
- Provide detailed understanding of artist skillsets to advise best team allocation for Production.
- Provide feedback on best utilization of equipment to Head of Resource and Head of Department.
- Responsibility for suitable and accurate artist resourcing of projects.
- Identifying artist shortages on project.
- Ensure the efficient running of the New York studio, through correct liaison with engineering and facilities in order to deliver excellent client service on projects. e.g. Kit moves, hire kit requests (via Head of Resource), suite allocation etc.
- Prompt and accurate delivery of information both upwardly to managers and to peers.
- Knowledge of individual P&L and understanding of how your actions directly correlate to its success.
- Accurate scheduling to ensure quoted vs delivery is on budget.
- Ability to hire freelancers and negotiate rates.
- Run and help co-ordinate Outsourcing of work.
- Impartial perspective for artists in your team when it comes to scheduling to aid career progression.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of freelance numbers to Head of Operations and Commercial Manager.
- Management of Holidays/Doils usage and allocation.
- Assist HODs and Head of Resource in gathering suitable feedback for artists.
Key Performance Indicators
- Accurate resourcing of projects.
- Timely completion of tasks.
- Utilization of suites and building.
- Doil and holiday management.
- Accurate collation of feedback on artist performance