Senior Software EngineerApply now
Technicolor seeks an experienced Software Engineer for diverse technical leadership opportunities. Engineer is expected to develop software features, manage software release development, and technical troubleshooting covering a wide range of Technicolor DOCSIS data, voice, gateway, and video products. In addition, software architecture design/review across multiple platforms will be part of the critical role you play at Technicolor as our product portfolio diversifies across multiple hardware platforms.
In this challenging role, you will be responsible for working with other engineering team members in support of pre-sales and post-sales customer engineering support activities and manage software releases associated with cable modems, VoIP devices (eMTAs and eDVAs) and Wireless/Unified Gateways that are sold into the Service Provider (NSP) market. You will need to work with, and coordinate the efforts of both internal and external resources based in North America, Europe and Asia. You will need to contribute to overall product design from a software architecture perspective, keeping in mind multiple customer requirements and hardware limitations across various platforms.
In this position, you will be expected to:
- Work with engineering, product management, business development, and account managers to champion the needs of key customers
- Contribute to product design discussions on overall software feature/interop compatibility across different platforms
- Have the necessary technical skills to communicate the details of complex data, VoIP, Gateway, WiFi, and Video issues
- Communicate regularly with key customers to manage expectations regarding hardware, software, and other project deliverables
- Possess software development skills in C++, Java, Python, CSS/HTML
- Work with customer engineering teams to understand and explain details at a protocol level.
- Drive and manage product qualification and post sales issues that could impact the business.
- Communicate regularly with customers to monitor product qualification and deployment schedules and objectives