About Technicolor VFX:
Technicolor VFX is the best of both worlds, we can work with you as standalone VFX creatives, or in collaboration with our Technicolor Post family to support your vision from script to screen.
From Features to Episodic, our Creative Directors work with their expert teams to provide on set supervision, with a full CG VFX pipeline,
we are specialists in character enhancement, environments
Our creative VFX teams are located in London, Toronto and Los Angeles, making Technicolor VFX global in size but local in feel.
Leveraging our production workflow, the Animator, working under the direction of the CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisor, will develop performance and movement for creatures, objects and characters in live action film and television productions. They would report into the Creative Director.
- Create natural, realistic, polished motion using Maya.
- Creatively enhance shots and push animation performance.
- Engage with every stage of production including generating original concepts and designs, pre-visualization of complicated sequences and research and development.
- Create 3D rigs for different types of objects and characters
- Verify the quality of projects
- Deliver work within the allotted time
- Perform rig maintenance and fixes during production
- Establish and manage pipeline-friendly standards for rigs
- Develop techniques to overcome deformation challenges
- Collaborate with modeling and animation departments to facilitate realistic appealing characters
- Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed
- Work with Leads and Animators to develop and integrate tools into a pipeline
- Collaborate with the team to continue to develop internal rigging framework
- Minimum 3 years experience creating convincing performance and motion for live action feature film and/or television series.
- Strong sense of camera work and framing for full cg or previous sequences.
- Possess solid proficiency animating in Maya.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all aspects of animation, including rigging.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, have good communication skills, and be able to independently handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.