The CG Lighter should demonstrate mastery of the toolsets, techniques, workflows and leadership skills to effectively layout and light a scene for handoff to compositing
- Work collaboratively with team members, VFX Supervisors, CG Supervisor and Technical Director to effectively & efficiently meet client expectations
- Layout and compose a scene with 3D Assets, published cameras/track
- Use photo-real reference to match and achieve lighting look
- Light and render 3D scenes with an eye for photo-realism & live action VFX.
- Provide initial rendered composites ('slap-comps') for review and the Compositing department.
- Help establish the overall aesthetics through look development and R&D
- Ability to work closely with 3D Artists, Systems department and Compositors to ensure renders are complete
- Capacity to thrive in a results-driven pipeline.
- A proven eye for detail, composition, color and lighting.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- An excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Maya and rendering in RedShift and/or Arnold
- Must have 3-5+ years experience creating photorealistic visual effects for feature film and/or high-end television series
- Experience with Houdini, Clarisse, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Mari, PFTrack, 3D Equalizer a plus
- Proven ability to layout and/or light and render 3D scenes.
- Must be able to take direction/critiques positively and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Must be able to work in our Toronto facility
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- Mel/Python scripting for in-house tool creation
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Good understanding of an alembic workflow
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge