RunnerToronto , ON Apply now
Runners are key members of our support team who are responsible for helping ensure the smooth running of our Studios as well as providing minor maintenance and other support functions. Whether you've just graduated or are looking for a career change - being a Runner at Mr.X is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry then apply today.
Mr.X is a keen investor in talent and many of our Runners progress to roles within our company in the Production department - the team that provides the backbone to our VFX Studios in terms of driving through our blockbuster film projects on time and on budget. If an opportunity like this interests and excites you then read on.
What is the role?
The Runner role at Mr.X is a varied, demanding yet rewarding position. No two days are the same, as you will be required to provide support in a buzzing and creative Studio environment. You'll get the know every inch of our Studio as you'll be constantly on the go which means you'll get a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our Studio team.
Please Upload a Cover Letter
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
- Ensuring kitchens, tea points and communal areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked.
- Setting up breakfast daily for our employees.
- Help with miscellaneous administrative tasks such as scanning, filling, printing, etc.
- Organizing & picking up employees’ “OT” meals (lunch & dinner).
- External deliveries or pickups to nearby facilities and/or stores.
- Delivering external mail & packages.
- Help calculate, receive & disperse food & office supplies inventory.
- Make sure office equipment is up kept (incl: coffee machine, printers, fridges, etc.).
- Providing a first-class hospitality service for our client visits.
- Preparing lunch meetings for executives.
- Putting out afternoon & evening snacks for employees.
- Organizing ‘Monthlies’ (a company monthly event)
- And a lot more!