About Technicolor VFX:
Technicolor VFX is the best of both worlds, we can work with you as standalone VFX creatives, or in collaboration with our Technicolor Post family to support your vision from script to screen.
From Features to Episodic, our Creative Directors work with their expert teams to provide on set supervision, with a full CG VFX pipeline,
we are specialists in character enhancement, environments
Our creative VFX teams are located in London, Toronto and Los Angeles, making Technicolor VFX global in size but local in feel.
Senior CG Generalist
The Sr. CG Generalist should demonstrate mastery of the toolsets, techniques, workflows and leadership skills to effectively inspire the CG team, both technically and artistically. They would report into the Creative Director.
- Work collaboratively with team members, VFX Supervisors, CG Supervisor and Technical Director to effectively & efficiently meet client expectations
- 3D modeling, texturing, animating, lighting and rendering multi-pass elements
- 3D tracking of footage
- Assisting in quoting of CG oriented sequences
- Work with CG Supe in methodology and solutions for CG shots/sequences.
- An excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Maya and rendering in RedShift and/or Arnold
- Must have 5+ years experience creating photorealistic visual effects for feature film and/or high-end television series
- Possess strong modeling skills
- Experience with dynamics and rigging a plus
- Experience with Houdini/ZBrush/Mudbox/Mari, PFTrack, 3D Equalizer, Nuke or After Effects a plus
- Must be able to take direction/critiques positively and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Must be able to work in our Toronto facility
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- Mel/Python scripting for in-house tool creation
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Good understanding of an alembic workflow
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge